"I am incredibly happy with the school - it has a great family feel and my son loves it there. I feel they will care for my son not just educationally but as a whole." Parent
"I am exceptionally pleased with the school. My child was classed as one who would probably never learn. She has come here and is now coming on in leaps and bounds." Parent
Click here for more testimonials
The Durham Free School is a new 11-18 state secondary school which first opened its doors to Year 7 pupils in September 2013. Building up from Year 7 and 8, it will grow eventually to 630 pupils, including a sixth form. The school provides an exciting new educational opportunity for our children and our communities. It offers a distinctive and inclusive education, shaped by traditional Christian values and welcoming to all.
The School offers a high quality education in a caring, Christian environment in which each pupil is known, valued and encouraged to achieve his or her individual potential. We are committed to outstanding academic performance and to fostering a love of learning in our students.
Our students will
- act responsibly and respectfully
- aim high in life and learning
- engage with and contribute to the local community
Our staff will
- support all students to achieve their greatest academic potential
- provide a nurturing environment where students and their individual learning needs are known by all
- encourage parental engagement
We place great emphasis on all members of our community co-operating with others considerately and honestly, promoting the understanding that with rights come responsibilities.
We are committed to:
- providing the very best education within a calm, ordered and safe environment
- ensuring every individual is valued for who they are, not for what they can do
- providing opportunities, excellent role models, clear boundaries and high expectations
- enable pupils to develop into a good citizens and positively contribute to society
- excellent outcomes for all pupils.
Click here to read our Vision Statement